Put your Valentine's roses to good use! Not only does rosewater smell lovely but it's packed full of great benefits for your body and mind. Here are the pros of rosewater as well as some tips on how you can incorporate it into your beauty routine....
I first discovered rosewater after I came across Turkish Delight. (Thanks Narnia!) When my mom, sister, and I decided to try making some for ourselves, we set off to the grocery store to purchase the ingredients and one of those ingredients was rosewater.
I remember thinking to myself that rosewater was the nicest thing I had ever smelled in my life. It had such a soft, feminine aroma to it. So I didn't stop at baking. I captured that rosewater in a bottle and sprayed it everywhere -- in my room, on myself. Looking back I was doing my body a huge favour.
(Btw our rosewater Turkish Delights tasted darn good. If you want a recipe, let me know and I'd be delighted to do a post on it... 😉)
Now for those great benefits of rosewater...
- It maintains your skin's pH balance, controls excess oil, calms irritated skin, removes dirt and clears clogged pores so it's the best natural cleanser and toner out there
- It hydrates and revitalizes your skin, giving it that extra lift
- Rosewater's antibacterial properties aids in healing scars, cuts and wounds
- It contains antioxidants that help strengthen skin cells and regenerate skin tissue
- Rosewater's antiflammatory properties reduces dandruff and also moisturizes and promotes hair growth
- It boosts your mood (like chocolate!) and eases stress and anxiety, making you feel relaxed which helps for a better good night's sleep
Now that you're aware of rosewater's many benefits, make yourself a bottle of it to spray onto your skin, hair, and pillow. All you need to do is simmer some fragrant rose petals in water, strain it, fill up a bottle, and spray away!
+How will you incorporate rosewater into your beauty regime?